Since the beginning of our courtship we have been super intentional about preparing ourselves for marriage.




Since the beginning of our courtship we have been super intentional about preparing ourselves for marriage. But I think the turning point for me was during Valentine’s weekend when we decided to check out some wedding venues.


Picturing Mayfair walking down the aisle was pretty big and really brought it all to life for me! From this point onwards it was only a matter of time before I proposed to her.⠀

And then the pandemic happened⠀



Like everyone else, this situation impacted my plans. With businesses closed and restrictions on movement, it was going to prove very tricky to buy a ring let alone organise any events.⠀

Luckily I already knew the style and size of ring Mayfair wanted because we had been ‘window shopping’ a few months before (pro tip for any guys thinking about proposing). 


The biggest challenge was actually securing it because all shops were closed ,so I took the bold decision to trust online vendors 



The other challenge was ‘how to propose.’ But again God was in it because the government began to ease restrictions and I managed to plan a small and intimate engagement .⠀

Now all I had to do was keep it all a secret! Sounds pretty straightforward - but less so when your partner appears to be a mind reader!

As the big day approached, Mayfair mentioned a few times that she could ‘sense’ that something was going to happen

So the plan was for Mayfair and her family to visit my family for an introductory lunch at home. At some point my sister and cousin distracted Mayfair by taking her to the shops. While they were out, we decorated the space and made it look super romantic , ready for me to surprise her.



Joy, tears, relief, wonder, delight and the presence of God are some of the things I believe we all experienced when I asked Mayfair to marry me. One of the biggest things for me was to honor not just Mayfair, but her family and friends also for raising this incredible human being who had become the love of my life ⠀

Luckily she accepted my proposal (else this could have been soo awkward) and we could now officially begin to finalise our wedding plans because we were committed to tieing the knot as soon as possible.

Comments

Popular Posts