I Removed My Womb To Live A Normal Life - Actress Nse Ikpe-Etim…‥ Celebrity Gist.




Veteran Nollywood actress, Nse Ikpe-Etim, has disclosed that she will no longer be able to have a child because she has removed her womb.
.
.
She made the disclosure at her recent event tagged “Conversation With Nse” in Lagos. The actress revealed that she was diagnosed with Adenomyosis, about three years ago.
.
.
Adenomyosis is a genealogical medical condition whereby the inner lining of the uterus breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus.
.
.
According to her: “I was told I couldn’t have kids. And so, I had to remove my womb to make me have a life again and to stop going through what I was going through. .
.
And I’m literarily telling women and men, it really doesn’t matter if you can’t bear children. What really matters is what you would do for the world, for the universe.
.
.
When I was first told by the doctor that I would have to remove my womb to live a normal life, tears dropped and then my husband squeezed my hand. .
.
It was reassuring that there was someone there and it was telling me that this is reality, my reality. The ordeal made me fall into depression.
.
.
I didn’t think there was any point anymore because my society taught me that I have to be a mother to be appreciated and every time I went online, I would have one troll or two say ‘you never born? But I’m thankful that didn’t break me.”

Comments

Popular Posts